Green Inspirations

I am inspired each day by all the many good souls who refuse to be let down by all the negativity that surrounds our future on this beautiful planet we all live on. I look around and see so much potential for happiness, a life away from consuming everything in our paths. This new world has communities again and it has neighbors sitting on their stoops engaging each other in conversation, laughing and sharing. In these communities there are also huge gardens providing fresh produce for everyone, and people will be once again connected with the food they eat. My dreams see a simpler more peaceful life, one filled with purpose again.

On this website I will share my findings of all incredible individuals out there who are creating, speaking out and leading the way to our new earth.

Monday, March 19, 2007

An EPIC Show!
















This past weekend was the first Sustainable Living Expo in Canada, and I have to say that it was a success! I spent over four hours wading through the overwhelming amount of info available and I also took a seat to watch The Raw Fashion Show.


The Food
Capers, an organic grocery store here in Vancouver, had a whole section dedicated to the products you can find on their shelves. You could also take a seat and watch some of Vancouver's greatest chefs prepare organic meal ideas at the Cooking Stage. During my trip through the maze of booths my taste buds were treated to a variety of organic products and I have to say some of my personal favorites were, A.C. LaRocco Tomato and Feta Pizza, Hard Bite Chips Cheddar, and NatureLand Organic Amber Ale. Now if only my pocketbook could keep up with my desire to buy organic all the time.


Home Improvement & Style Ideas
There was a great display set up that showcased different materials you could use to green your home. Pictured to the right is a wall insulated with old jeans! Other ideas to implement into your own home were materials such as bamboo for flooring and furniture choices, cork flooring, low VOC paints and clay based paints, energy saving lighting, low flush toilets, low flow faucets and more. It was very helpful to the general public, because they had signs with information on the products on display!










The R
aw Fashion Show
I sat in for my first organic fabric fashion show, which was inspirational. The clothes were beautiful and interesting. They had clothing you could wear to work, out and about and for a night on the town. During the fashion show they had a projection screen displaying what the organic material the model was wearing was, for example bamboo or soy. So it was a learning experience as well as a visual. I could have spent a fortune there! Unfortunately organic fashions usually carry a heavy price tag, but companies like Cotton Ginny and now amazingly enough Gap are making organic cotton t-shirts at great prices!

Pictured below a designer created an outfit out of wheat grass, ok so maybe not practical but amazing to see! To the right an outfit I loved from Elroy.

No comments: