Green Inspirations

I am inspired each day by all the many good souls who refuse to be let down by all the negativity that surrounds our future on this beautiful planet we all live on. I look around and see so much potential for happiness, a life away from consuming everything in our paths. This new world has communities again and it has neighbors sitting on their stoops engaging each other in conversation, laughing and sharing. In these communities there are also huge gardens providing fresh produce for everyone, and people will be once again connected with the food they eat. My dreams see a simpler more peaceful life, one filled with purpose again.

On this website I will share my findings of all incredible individuals out there who are creating, speaking out and leading the way to our new earth.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Shut Down Day













Yesterday was Computer Shut Down Day and the goal was to stay off the computer for a solid 24 hours. Which made me think, when is it not some kind of day that I have to give up my bad habits?! So if you are wondering I completely failed and couldn't stay off the computer at all, go figure. I love checking my email and surfing the net for interesting findings and what is the harm in that, really? I suppose it is the amount of energy my dear computer consumes and not to mention the fact that my boyfriend also has a computer going non-stop too! We are a pair of computer junkies. Still yesterday when I awoke to start a new day, I really considered following through with this whole no computer thing just to see if I could. Unfortunately it is my routine though, just like caffeine I need it! Perhaps if I had been somewhere else, say like Maui, I would have had enough distraction to not even bother, but I am weak and apparently addicted like a crack head for my daily fix of emails, craigslist, and whatever else I find out there in the cyber world.
I would love to hear anyone else out there attempted or succeeded in keeping off their computers. Was this day a bust or what?

No comments: