Green Inspirations

I am inspired each day by all the many good souls who refuse to be let down by all the negativity that surrounds our future on this beautiful planet we all live on. I look around and see so much potential for happiness, a life away from consuming everything in our paths. This new world has communities again and it has neighbors sitting on their stoops engaging each other in conversation, laughing and sharing. In these communities there are also huge gardens providing fresh produce for everyone, and people will be once again connected with the food they eat. My dreams see a simpler more peaceful life, one filled with purpose again.

On this website I will share my findings of all incredible individuals out there who are creating, speaking out and leading the way to our new earth.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Global Warming Water Levels Rising

Today I came upon an article on Treehugger.com about a computer programmer named Alex Tinger who has created flood maps. These flood maps are meant to be a demonstration of what could happen if waters were to rise from the affects of global warming and our melting polar ice caps. Alex mentioned that he doesn't want to be an alarmist, but rather an optimist, and he is giving you the tools to see how we are affecting the planet so we can make changes to stop it. I for one think it is an excellent way to wrap your head around rising water concerns! I find it scary at times to even think about, but we can stop this from happening. The research is on top of it, all we need is everyone behind it now. Check it out for yourself and give me some feedback too. I have downloaded the maps here and will keep them up for awhile.

1 comment:

Niki said...

the map thing is really cool. a great way to bring it home. (and well, globally too for that matter)